School For Arctic and Climate Security Studies
TSC Executive Education
TSC Executive Education: TSC Arctic Security Certificate Seminars. Consistent with the methodology of the established DOD RCs, the TSC School of Arctic and Climate Studies will establish a few Arctic-Security focused seminars (ranging from 4 to 36 hours of classroom instruction (and leveraging virtual and in-person methodologies). Arctic Security Certificate Seminars will be programmed and conducted from an overall wide variety of topics such as the following:
- Arctic Region Security Orientation Course (ARSOC)…a fundamental overview on the fundamentals of Arctic Security.
- Arctic Strategy and Defense Policy.
- Cultural dynamics of the Arctic region.
- Understanding and overcoming challenges in Arctic crisis logistics.
- Non-Traditional & Transnational risks in and through the Arctic region.
- Arctic One Health…fundamentals for Security practitioners.
- Disaster response in the Arctic, concepts for managing and mitigating risk.
- Women, Peace and Security in an Arctic Context
- Cyber security in the Arctic…what matters more?
- Security governance in an Arctic context.
- The role of non-Arctic nations in Arctic governance…insights for security practitioners.
- Understanding Russia’s ambitions for the Arctic.
- Advancing understanding within and across Arctic Indigenous peoples.
- Defense support to civil authorities in the Arctic…advancing practical measures for the hands to help.
- Arctic Strategic Competition dynamics.
- Dynamics of NATO and Arctic Security.
- Arctic Domain Awareness for the Security Practitioner.
- Advancing the Arctic region into the Information Age.
- Characterizing Arctic exceptionalism…a survey of Arctic organizations and enterprises.
- Understanding and reducing Arctic operational risk.
- The community of Arctic Science, insights for security practitioners.
- Trans-Atlantic Futures for Arctic Security.
- Indo-Pacific States and the Arctic…myths vs facts for the security practitioner.
- Security vs law enforcement…a survey to advance understanding of the unique role provided by Arctic Coast Guards.
- Arctic Economic security…fundamentals for security practitioners.
ARSOC: ARCTIC REGIONAL SECURITY ORIENTATION COURSE. NEXT COURSE: 17 APRIL – 21 APRIL
The purpose of ARSOC is to provide baseline knowledge to personnel without Arctic experience, focusing on historical, environmental, commercial, geopolitical, and strategic issues concerning the Arctic region in order to encourage discussion, intellectual curiosity, and critical thinking. Overall Course Objectives Prepare: Department of Defense personnel for assignments in the Arctic region (a) Understand strategic issues, trends, […]
Read More… from ARSOC: ARCTIC REGIONAL SECURITY ORIENTATION COURSE. NEXT COURSE: 17 APRIL – 21 APRIL
ARCTIC MARITIME LAW & THE LAW OF THE SEA: 6 December – 8 December
This course is an introductory survey course. It is intended for Arctic securityprofessionals (civilians, attorneys, or military leadership) who have little to noexposure to Arctic law but whose positions require them to get up to speedquickly on Arctic legal instruments and concepts. Learning Objectives:On completion of this course you will: •Gain a basic understanding of […]
Read More… from ARCTIC MARITIME LAW & THE LAW OF THE SEA: 6 December – 8 December